Whilst I am working towards opening our restaurant Salt (coming summer 2016 to Leamington Spa) I am offering my services as a chef consultant. I am very flexible with times and can work any where in the UK.
I have 17 years experience in Michelin starred, and 2-5 rosette restaurants. 6 years experience as a head chef, held 3 rosettes for 5 years, 6/10 in the Good Food Guide, top 50 in the UK in the good food guide. Observer food monthly young chef of the year 2011, Good food guide up and coming chef of the year 2011. Also had appearances on Great British menu and Saturday Kitchen.
Please see below the skills and services I can offer to help advance your business, and also links for some of my food reviews and references.
Contact me on Paulfosterchef@gmail.com for quotes.
· Work with chefs to help to achieve the best possible GP score within their control.
· Implement and teach the correct use of a GP flash report to have constant control of their margins.
· Introduce new suppliers I have a great relationship with and can offer competitive prices.
· Help chefs of all levels to get the most out of their ingredients to achieve a good profit margin and value for money for your customers
· Cost menus according to your customer base, competition and GP margin.
· Guide towards 1, 2 and 3 rosette standard, through coaching and advising chefs through their dishes and menus and concepts.
· Mystery diner visits to check food and service from a totally un-biased view, a full report will be written up with advisory points on food and service.
· Seasonality training, how to get and use the best ingredients.
· Offer access to the best suppliers in the UK.
· Design dishes to fit your brand and customer base.
· Interview for head chef and below, have very good relationship with many top recruitment agents, can help to negotiate on the percentage.
· Support with interview for front of house staff.
Hygiene and food safety
· Put in place Food safety and Hygiene systems that are easy to follow and use.
· Full training with the team of the systems and there importance