2011 what a year
I haven’t blogged much this year as I have been very busy, although there has been a lot to write about. I thought as it is getting to the end of the year I would have a summary of what has happened in 2011.
It has been the best ever year of my career, a lot of hard work, passion and development has gone into Tuddenham mill, by creating dishes, pushing and teaching the team, improving the customers experience at the mill, and trying to increase the business as well. It has started to pay off in terms of recognition and every award I have received has spurred me on to push harder in the kitchen, as you are only as good as your last service!
This year has bought some amazing and prestigious things that I have always dreamed of, and put me in different awards alongside some great names like Michel Roux Snr, Heston Blumenthal, Jason Atherton, Angela Hartnett, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, et al.
• Acorn award from caterer magazine
• Square meal 44th best restaurant in UK outside London http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/feature/the-hit-list-uk
• Review from Jay Rayner in the Observer
• Good food guide – up and coming chef of the year UK http://www.thegoodfoodguide.co.uk/news/the-good-food-guide-2012-editors-awards
• Young chef of the year Observer food monthly awards http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/oct/16/ofm-awards-2011-best-young-chef-paul-foster
• Velvet awards best fine dining restaurant 2011
• 85th best restaurant in the UK national restaurant awards (restaurant magazine) http://www.nationalrestaurantawards.co.uk/
Aside from this there are two other great things that have happened this year that I can’t talk about till next year!!!
Apart from the awards we have been building a good strong team at the restaurant and moving forwards. Outside of work my fiancée and I are planning our wedding for April next year, so next year is all go go go!!!
A big thank you to all the guys that have helped push it forward, couldnt have done it without them.